Today, more than ever, it’s nice to see people doing nice things for others. Today’s post is a thank you for those who’ve donated flash drives over the past six weeks. The drives really pilled up and we figured today was a good day to post some pictures and say “Thank You”
- Jackie Emerle – Sunnyvale, CA
- Suhas Madhiraju – Owings Mills, MD
- Olivia Miller – North Tonawanda, NY
- Jeremy – Canada
- Gloria Yehilersky – Poway, CA
- Jeff Pipen – Rockville, MO
- Ian Newman – Blackstone, MA
- Roberts – Littleton, CO
- Mr/Mrs Visconti – Washington, DC
- Mr/Mrs Nousen – Corvallis, OR
- Marie Manner – Minneapolis, MN
- Julie F – Seattle, WA
- Beth Renstrom – Sturgeon Bay, WI
Our last post about collected flash drives was June 12, 2020. Since that time, the following have sent in drives to help out. A big thank you for those who took the time to mail them in.
- Beth Deuer – Maineville, OH
- Aaron Christensen – Hutchinson, MN
- Taylor Durham – Los Angeles, CA
- Alice Grimmelsman – Denver, CO
- Paul Braatelien – West Chicago, IL
- J Mulqueen – Rey, NY
- Don Su – Houston, TX
- Gavin Chen – Redwood City, CA
- Jenny Martinez – Santa Monica, CA
- Ray Franz – Mundelein, IL
- Mr Milazzo – Midland, MI
- Hunter Gallahar – Houston, TX
- Travis Roberts – Knoxville, TN
- Hilpebrand – Atlanta, GA
Thank you everyone from the list below for donating flash drives. This blog section is a bit repetitive, thanking everyone for putting in some effort to recycle USB flash drives for a good cause, but it’s important to do so – Thank You! There was a nice blog post about what we do here, the article explains some additional options for what you might want to do with spare flash drives. The article is worth a read, if you have time – find it over @ Suite101.
Here is the list from the past six weeks for those who’ve donated:
- G Shirali – Leawood, KS
- J Ho – Kent, WA
- Unknown – Vail, CO [we included “unknowns” as proof the drives where received]
- N Eby – St. Louse, MO
- A Damron – Kerns, UT
- N Davis – Brownstown, MI
- Student Television Network – San Diego, CA
A little extra shout-out to Student Television Network as they drove up to Orange County and dropped off close to 2,000 flash drives. We are in the process on sanitizing all the drives (erase the data, format the device, insure they work) before passing them along to SugarLabs.org.
Thank you for those who donated flash drives the last couple of months. Per our routine, the donated drives will be sanatized with some techy erase function so if any data was on the drive, it will be 100% removed.
Here is a list of those who recycled their USB flash drives for a good cause:
- Unknown – Redondo Beach, CA
- Bristol Township School District – Levittown, PA
- MaryAnn – Unknown location
- P Brown – New York, NY
- Stadium Systems – Canaan, CT
- N Otfinger – Atlanta, GA
- Pamela Myers – Horsham, PA
RecycleUSB received a large shipment from Untion Sanitary District and included a nice company outline about what they do, here are those details:
The Union Sanitary District, founded May 27, 1918 is an independent special district which provides wastewater collection, treatment and disposal services to the residents and businesses of the cities of Fremont, Newark and Union City, in Southern Alameda County, California. We serve approximately 356,160 people.
To safely and responsibly collect and treat wastewater, and to recover resources from process waste streams, while protecting human health and improving the environment in a way that benefits the Tri-Cities and all USD stakeholders.
‘Tis the season for giving and this month people gave! We didn’t do an actual count, but we are well over 1,000 flash drives for December 2019.
Special thanks to those include the following:
- A. Tabak – Brooklyn, NY
- Chu Chu – Brooklyn, NY
- Joanne Forster – Prairie, KS
- Duncan Bryant – Vicksburg, MS
- Shane K – Seattle, WA
- K To – Houston, TX
- Julie Vincenti – Naperville, IL
- Rheila Parker – Baltimore, MD
BioTel Research sent in a large batch of recycle USB flash drives. Much appreciated. As we state on our website if you include a note, we will post a mention to your company here.
BioTel Research has provided centralized cardiac monitoring and medical imaging analysis in more than 2,000 clinical trials, spanning 70 countries, and comprising all major therapeutic areas. Both big pharma and small biotech organizations rely on us to deliver.